Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'll sleep when I'm dead...

Watching the Penn State vs. Florida State Orange Bowl...just starting into overtime...

News has just come in that 12 of the 13 miners missing in Upshur County, West Virginia, have been recovered safely. I am very happy for their families and loved ones. Well done to the men for surviving under tough circumstances and to the rescuers doing what they had to do to get to them. My condolences to the family of the one who did not make it.

Not suffering insomnia...actually quite tired. just have so much on my plate, determined to go until i tire out...I've never been a schedule person in my sleeping habits, something that was rough on me when married (both times)...I prefer to take advantage of my moments of alertness and wakefulness to accomplish things. I think people who schedule their lives too precisely lose the spontaneity and the ability to do great things.

Florida State just missed their field goal attempt in OT. Argh!

Go my monthly search reports from FreeFind...it allows people to search my website for words and phrases (very useful to readers looking for a particular quote or passage...) instead I find the last week or so peppered with name searches for people I don't ever mention in my works or my blogs. Sigh. Paranoids.

Penn State just missed their field goal attempt in overtime...yikes! I'm rooting for FSU for two reasons: I know Bobby Bowden and his family, he was my Sunday School teacher at Calvery Baptist Church in Morgantown when he was coaching the Mountaineers -- and I figure if they beat Penn State, the Mountaineers will finish above PSU in the final rankings.

Okay, so sue me, I am partisan. Not enough to tie my personal sense of self-worth to the actions of others, but I do root for some teams...

PSU is on the 3, heading for the goal...
Sweep left...Penn State scores! Booooooooo!

I gotta go finish some website changes. You watch the game, let me know how it turns out.

Night

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved