Saturday, January 07, 2006

Raccoon Eyes on a Saturday Morning

Looked in the mirror this morning...bleah!

When it gets cold and the air is dry, my raccoon eyes come out to play. I look like the poster boy from an axe murderer movie, or those "agents from the future" in the OUTER LIMITS original of Harlan Ellison's DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND. Their makeup largely consisted of big, dark circles around their eyes. I agree with Harlan, Robert Culp was so perfect in that show.

I am setting aside tonight to go over recent scribblings...I am becoming aware of the fact that I have reverted to type and started again making little notes here and there of poems...I need to wade through them and clean them out.

I thought of a few more dream guests for my podcasts:

*Any of the muses.
*Tim Henson, who founded the Poets Place on AOL. Regardless of what anyone else puts in their resume, he conceived it, pulled it together, got the major players involved and ran it for the first year or so...what's the old saying "Failure is a bastard child but success has many fathers"? Right. When it succeeded you had people taking credit for it who showed up for the opening (or latrer) I know someone who was even offered a "hall of fame" award for their lifetime contribution to poetry, for having established the ol' Poets Place. Problem was, they were't the ones who did it.

and, of course, any of the others I mentioned before, in previous postings here.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved