Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Eighth Dimension and Pink Jade

Nice to know that blog spammers never really give up (irritated smirk)...I recently posted a blog entry with the word "home" in it...got an advertisement posted to my comments from a home consolidation loan outfit in San Francisco. Ticked me off royally. The reason for the word "home" in the title? I was quoting from John Lithgow's Lord John Worfin in "Buckaroo Banzai": "Home is where you wear your hat."

Yes, I am a fan of that film and was truly disappointed that there was not a promised sequel. Peter Weller did great in a bizarre role, Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow and Clancy Brown contributed more than a fair share to the cast and even the eternally hot Ellen Barkin took it up a notch (she can do more to a man's libido with a facial expression than a Pamela Anderson can do naked). And even Billy Vera had a cameo - when I return to LA, on my short list is to find where next he's next playing and go.

Good night's sleep. One of the most peaceful sleeps I've had in a year. I've quit worrying about certain people and certain things. Good for the soul.

A SUMMONED FIRE is kicking butt in the poll to determine which poem is the centerpiece of the Valentine's Day podcast. Remarkably WE OWE DEBT TO MEMORY is right now trailing all other works.

Trying right now to determine what sort of music I want to layer that hot piece with...am even considering doing an "All-Pink Jade" show for V-Day, considering how popular several of the pieces are (JASMINE AND PLUMERIA from that same group of works is right now #2 in the poll, leading even THE UNICORNS!).

I mean, those works include BASE SACRAMENTS, A SUMMONED FIRE, HOLD YOU, BARE SKIN ON LINEN, BE, ACOLYTE OF THE FLESH, BLOSSOMS OF THE WIND, an entire cycle called BLOOD, BREATH OF ANGELS, CHRYSALIS, BLEED INTO ME, JASMINE AND PLUMERIA, JASMINE AT NIGHT, IN DREAMS I WALK, PETALS FILL MY SKY, another entire cycle called PRESCIENT TENSE, WHEN ALL THE STONES ARE GIVEN, TWINSONG, SOFT AS DAWN, TRACERY and dozens more (I actually have a book-length manuscript of just Pink Jade works I have not decided what to do with).

The origin of the poems is complex, but also dualistic, they were keyed by a protege, but at a time when I was mourning the loss of a relationship, looking inward for peace and looking at what might have been, what should have been, with that lover. There are reflections of several muses aside from Pink Jade in the works, but the Leopard is the dominant one.

Much as you can see Psyche and Valkyrie in The Panther Cycles.

Oh I am a complicated soul. And on February 12th, I am free again. Hide your daughters/sisters/girlfriends/wives/cousins/mothers...the Amomancer is back.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved