Wednesday, January 04, 2006

blame someone.

disappointed that Penn State won...

further disappointed to hear that the raving race-to-post news stories of late last night, wherein twelve of the trapped miners had been found alive, was a classic "Oops!". Already we're in the finger pointing stage. I have heard there is one survivor, but until I see him and his medical charts, I ain't saying anything further.

All in all, a disappointing cap to a decent day.

Ther's an old saying I used to use at CSC (until a middle manager decided that wasn't how the place should be run) "Fix the problem, not the blame." Too many people want someone to focus their anger or hatred on, rather than dealing with the truth. An all too common viewpoint on this planet (you get more people angry, I have found, by speaking an unpleasant truth than by lying) for, as a species, we have an almost limitless capacity for finger-pointing. I am sure someone will be sued (there are probably ambulance-chasers right now soliticting families who lost fathers and sons and husbands in that mine, trying to get some gravy off this sad affair. And, no matter how many times it gets said in the next few months, it won't be "the principle of the thing" - anger and greed are not principles in any ethics class I have ever encountered.)

Have to lay down my edits tonight for this week's show....

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved