Thursday, January 19, 2006

quitting Rupert Murdoch's "MySpace"

Just cancelled my MySpace account. I got bored with the internal spamming and the self-promoting BS. 99% of the time when you got approached by someone to correspond, it was to promote their band, their book, their "literary agency" or their appearance at a strip club. My bulletins overflowed with chain-mail quality spam messages.

Cool for some people. Not for me. I like commonality in my friends.

Anyone else notice how many times you have to say "YES, I want to QUIT!" for them to let you leave? It's like they're making sure you didn't accidentally say "I want to quit..."

It was easier to join than to quit...much like the Mafia.

Besides, now that tits and tabloid king Rupert Murdoch owns MySpace, it loses its charm. Seeing what he has done to America with his news channel (FoxNews: Fair and Balanced manufacturing of the news), not sure I want to be part of his web empire. You can't buy the truth, just a loudspeaker big enough to drown it out with your own lies and bias. It is ironic that the most "American" of the 24 hour news channels is owned, operated and guided by a foreign power.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved