Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tonight's Playlist

From time to time, when I sit down to write or edit, I hastily lay out a playlist on my iTunes, just to set the mood or to resonate with the mood I am in.

Tonight's light:

Bring Me Some Water (Melissa Etheridge) Outstanding howling lament of denied passion.

The Cross (Prince) Both musically and intellectually, a brilliant and highly under-rated work by the master of dichotomy.

Bad Touch (Bloodhound Gang) Like great sex, with a sense of humour. Brings back some great memories. And summons a vision of nights yet to come.

Let's Just Get Naked (Joan Osborne) Hmmm...seem to be in a carnal rut tonight. Of course, as ruts go... This is a playful, hot and earnest seduction. I wish I'd written that. I wonder if Joan likes poets.

Right Now (Van Halen) Can't think of many songs more capable of charging me up than this one. The video was even better.

Boy In The Bubble (Paul Simon) Damn, he's good. A poet with a guitar, in the likeness of Dylan, but with a broader spectrum of vision.

That's the core of the list. Just thought I'd share.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved