Sunday, January 29, 2006

Perpetual emotion machine

Nordette Adams has asked to interview me for her radio show. I will enjoy that, someone willing to ask some good and fresh questions (nothing personal, E.J., but you are a bit of the sycophant).

I just wrote this new work...read it then see why it is unique in my wordsphere.

Peel Back This Shell

Peel back this shell
I know it well
and I am not amused at all
to feel this skin
made thick from thin
to shelter hope behind a wall.

I'd rather bleed
of courtier's need
than chain myself upon the stone
away from harm
away from charms
with paramours of barren bones.

That I must fall?
I know this, all,
but do not envy those content
with tepid trance
of frail romance
and wonder where their passion's spent.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

A strange and asttringent, this cauldron of word.

Strange in that it was inspired by a composition of music I am assembling for the Valentine's Day show.

I am building my own perpetual emotion machine.

Note:
You can cage me, but you can't silence me. Ban a word, a noun a verb, a name, from my vocabularly, and I will paint pictures with sighs to point to the spot in the desert where people must go to see the show, without ever breaking the letter of your whim.

Truth is both bastard and the bitch that bore him, in this graceless age.

1 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

EJ is a bit of a sycophant? ROFL! He needs to pop you one for that. I get the impression he is wise and simply indulges the baby in you. ;-) When are you going to join the comment party at NOLA, C'est Tout Bon? See the "Belles, Boobs, and Vandals" post, please. Robert Wilson even participated; I say "even" because Robert doesn't comment often. So did Jude Forese, the anonymous comment. I'd like to have the "Romantic Poet of the Internet" weigh in on the subject out in the open where we can poke him. Make sure you leave a link back to your blog if you do drop by.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved