Monday, January 30, 2006

Just another manic Monday

Had a nice chat with my boys yesterday...I get such a kick out of them both.

Elric always wants to know if I have found any new tricks for him to try out on his video and computer games...and it is always a trip trying to figure Dante out when he gets to the phone (he can be very distracted and sometimes just likes to be so ambient you aren't sure what planet he is from...but he's as smart as a minor diety and understand mathetics at age 12 at a level where I may not even be able to follow, and I'm no slouch)...he once got on the phone and proceeded to do nothing but meow and giggle for ten minutes.

Got updates on my daughter's wedding. Well, actually, nothing seeming new, just a rehash of the details...on the beach, wedding in the round, chocolate fountain. I've stopped passing along ideas...it sounds like they have already pretty much, 8 months in advance, laid down all the details. I expect nothing less from Peri...she likes putting her stamp on things, and this is a big event. I feel a little strange being on the outside looking in, but that's not my choice, and I have to live with that. A little late to be putting her up for adoption.

Grandma is back home. For her age (mid-nineties) she's about the most durable and stubborn person I know. She still insists upon a Peri-esque control of all her life's details. Maybe they're more alike than either of them would care to admit. Scary.

My cold is lifting, somewhat. Good, I have to teach tonight..PLUS I have to go do the PR thing at Arts Mon this afternoon, give them their check for their first round of royalties...

I placed my last official order for copies of FROM AN UNEXPECTED QUARTER and LOVE GODS OF A FORGOTTEN RELIGION today from Amazon.com. Just wanted archive copies.

To quote Bob Seger..."Turn the page..."

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved