Monday, June 13, 2005

there are faces I remember

Monday evening...the pressure builds.

Suddenly my life is getting complicated in all the ways I don't want it complicated! Suddenly everyone I ever owed a nickel to is contacting me and asking if I can give them some back...this in a month when I am teetering close to the abyss...but am on the threshold of something wonderful.

I was doodling earlier and came up with a list of the people I would most want to know what happened to them so far in this life...some I know where they are (and just haven't developed the gumption to reach out) some have absented themselves from my life and I don't want to intrude in their lives if I may be unwelcome.

No names, but here's some descriptions of some of them:

A best friend from church and high school, we carried Melissa and Tracey on our backs on the morning after the lock in. A free spirit and one hell of a nice guy, all the girls found him much more interesting than me.

My boss' admin, and one of the most charming and beautiful women I've ever known. Had the boss not had a rule against office romances, I would have asked her out. Later on, she told my second wife that had I asked (back when I was still single) she would've gone out with me.

An experienced and creative drummer who worked for me when I was at GE. He was nice enough to mention me in the liner notes of his CD. I consider him one of the gentlest souls I've encountered.

One of the more interesting of my muses, sometimes referred to as "The Truth"...she showed up one night at my apartment in Venice and completely stole my heart.

When I hired this guy at CACI from Hughes, I had no idea he'd become the most valuable consultant working for me. A fire-and-forget torpedo of a samurai with software. He called me William-Sama.

The goldenheart. Nothing more needs to be said.

The Joker of the deck, and the founder of the Poets Place on America Online. He never gets full credit, as so many people claim they were the creator. BS. He did it, and they know it.

Dar, who kept me sane at a time when sanity was a rare currency. I didn't show you proper gratitude for showing up at my birthday party in Santa Monica.

There...a major chunk of my wish list. People whom I have either lost track of, or I have leads ont hem, but don't want to just barge it...that would be rude.

Tired now...tired and accelerating. What happens next is anyone's guess.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved