Thursday, June 16, 2005

Art&Soul is now launched

Drove down to Charleston and took part in the launch of the Appalachian Education Initiative's "Art&Soul" which is a book that profiles 50 "outstanding creative artists" from West Virginia. Yes, I made the list. Nice double page spread on me.

Other honorees include Kathey Mattea, Jennifer Garner, Lou Myers (who also attended and I got a chance to chat with for a bit), Chris Sperandio, Brad Dourif, Chris Sarandon, Don Knotts, Lawrence Kasdan and Ann Magnuson (I've had a crush on her ever since "Making Mr. Right"...remind me someday to do a crush list on here...I think the women in the media I have felt a tug towards is very telling.)

I also got to speak briefly with the Governor's wife and various other media and organizational dginitaries. Not quite on a par with the bith of my children, but one of my better days, certainly, in a while. Had a bit of a Jerry Maguire moment though, it's tough not having someone to share the victories with. Only a matter of time, though, until that is fixed.

I am going to be adding alink to the book's ordering site to the City of Legends, so feel free to wait a day or two before you order. I will be making numerous personal appearances in support of the book, and I hope to meet many of you when I surface. This is pretty much my last public appearance for a couple of month...I have been working so hard on the books I feel I need to recharge before th Greater Morgantown Arts Festival address.

Maybe by then I'll have heard from someone I'm missing.

Thanks to Robert for the leather jacket I wore to the press conference. I have now officially retired the racing jacket I've been wearing for the past year...if anyone wants the actual jacket I wore for the spring tour, as well as the one I was wearing for the work on all three of the books I've put out this year, I'm listening. Make me an offer, it still has some cheese sauce stains on it from a restaurant I no longer go to.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved