Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's my last all to myself Saturday for a while

wow...just hit me in the middle to doing massive revisions to my website at www.cityoflegends.com that this is going to probably be the last Saturday wherein I have control of my life for some time (next Saturday is my high school reunion and two days after the release of The Morgantown Suite Poems...and after that it is all promo for The Compleat Panther Cycles or at least in the aftermath of the release of the AEI's "Art&Soul" booklet.)

Got a second hand confirm that there is at least life in the Deep South...but still no sign of my promised personal possessions. Two most likely outcomes: They are lost forever OR they will surface as a show of unbroken faith, eventually. Hmmm...if you asked me two years ago, I would've bet my immortal soul on the latter.

Spent some time with friends yesterday, Thomas, then Tag...Tag and I went over some of the works he is planning to use in his forthcoming book...Thomas wanted to explain to me, on a structuralist level, the subculture values of the area. While I do not agree 1000% with his assessment, some of it was chillingly right on and explains many phenomenon that I had trouble figuring out previously. However, just because a model fits does not mean it is the only and the accurate description. Or, as I used to say to my Mom..."Why couldn't I have been born beautiful instead of brilliant?" One piece of advice from my dangerously intellectual acquaintance: Quit trying to blend in...people can tell right away that I am not a "fit" and actually get defensive about my low profile, presuming it indicates I am up to something sinister. There are days I feel like I have been dropped in the middle of Joe Haldeman's A !Tangled Wab (love that story).

I am considering, in consideration of her kindness in helping with the book about the original, black Panther, maybe plotting in the future for a release of all those incredible Crimson Panther poems I have kept in hiding. A nice, blood-red cover, perhaps...of course, as concerned as she is for her anonymity, that may just freak her out.

I think I will finally go see "Star Wars: Return of the Syphilitic (or whatever)" today. When I was a film reviewer it was incumbent on me to see films as soon as they were available...now, not so much.

Watched "Beauty and the Geek" the other evening.. a promising start to a second-tier reality show. Brain cramp. Later!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved