Sunday, June 19, 2005

setting wheels in motion, tentatively, in a model search

I did get a call from my boys earlier today, to wish me a good Father's Day...well, actually, their mother called and put them on the phone...and since neither actually said "Father's Day" I will assume this was done by her. In any case, it was good to hear from them. Miss them both, mightily. Very proud of them and hope they continue to grow and find their paths. Both of them finished strong in school. I'm hoping to find time to spend with them over the summer.

Still no sound from my model, I have begun putting out feelers (you have a dirty mind for that thought, but it's a natural one). I need to find a model who is sleek, fit and wants to be on the cover of a book...if anyone out there knows someone like that and they're willing to take a flyer on a non-paying gig with the opportunity for fame, future gigs and some potential merchandising spinoffs I can be emailed at williamfdevault@cityoflegends.com. I am still hoping my first choice comes through, but at this point I have to make at least contingency plans...and if someone better comes through - she might end up becoming the cover model for a book that will be on coffee tables and in libraries around the world. Pretty good credit, some models NEVER get a book cover.

And, once I retire "Love Gods of a Forgotten Religion" and "from an unexpected quarter" (don't look so shocked, you need to bury the dead sooner or later, right?) this person would be my cover model of note. Symbol of the new romantic eroticism of the digtal renaissance. No, you don't have to fall in love with me...it would be nice if you at least are creative in your own right, even an appreciator of poetry...but right now I am looking for an icon, not a collaborator. Of course if you do want to fall in love with me and are not a headcase...we can discuss that, too...I could stand to have a good muse for the rest of my life...the cardboard cutouts get awfully tedious.

Still missing my daughter, Peri, something awful. I hope she appreciates the present. I am suffering from the old "no one to share the triumphs with" Jerry Maguire issue. Guess I need to start looking for people to celebrate the future with. Because the victories are now just starting to roll in.

I called it. Fates, make way.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved