Tuesday, June 28, 2005

dancing the Wallatamba

Don't know if I spelled it even spelled it right (the Wallatamba) but I recall, aeons ago, when I had my first wife's social circle, I used to play various RPGs with friends. There was one Dungeons and Dragons module that involved a desert caused by an ancient curse, and there was a backstory that the dungeonmaster read us avout a group of priests who had tried to break the curse by praying the their deity to "Purify our feet and live in the desert" but got it wrong (because, as I recall, they were using an ancient language for their chants) and instead accidentally prayed for the god to "Live in out feet and purify the desert" which resulted in a year of flash floods and the priests being forced to dance the Wallatamba day and night.

Hey, I have a sick sense of humour.

Restless night's sleep...not for any truly deep reason, just didn't sleep well. Will have to work on that.

So close on THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES that I can taste it...now for the weird part...

IN April I released INVOCATO and, being the guerilla poet I am, I did not pay the fees to the middle-man powers that be to get it into (the gatekeeper of distributors) Ingrams (which meant it would not appear in the major online bookstores). Two months later, same thing with THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS.

Last night I see where, starting today, THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS is available through Barnes and Noble online, which confuses me on several levels, not the least of which is I never set a price for it for bookstore sales, so I am wondering about the royalties on those sales...I will try and touch base with my publisher (www.lulu.com) later today to confirm WTF is going on.

Well, gotta get going...my schedule is, shall we say, full. I have about ten hours of work left before I can say that THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES has been put to bed (no jokes, please...I have my sense of humour, but when I am tired it gets arch and I'll be giggling all day).

It's showtime, folks.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved