Monday, June 13, 2005

It's time for my Monday Morning Dance

Oh...I don't have a Monday Morning Dance? Damn.

Slept briefly but well last night...had a good talk with Twist, who sent me her intro for THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES...I now have all intros in the bag, just waiting on the cover issues to resolve themselves. tap tap tap tap tap tap. Oh, was my toe tapping annoying you? I'm sorry.

Spoke to someone who reads my blog regularly. She says I don't come across crazy. That was good to know. I never have considered myself nuts. Deranged, yes. But not crazy.

My niece, Marla, does on-air movie reviews once a week for radio station Magic 106.5, locally...she came by this morning wearing a t-shirt that said "Little Ebert". We had a nice chat on the filmography of Robert Rodriguez...she's (Marla, not Rodriguez) a kid and does the G-PG end of the spectrum, and her next film to review is "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D". She did "The Phantom of the Opera" today. She liked the violence in it, but felt there was too much singing (I retorted that musicals have a lot of that). I used to do reviews for AOL's Roadside USA, a billion years ago...my favourite review I ever wrote was for "Showgirls" - something fun about getting to play pinata with a multi-million dollar project. But I did review "Desperado" when it first came out, so I feel a connection to the works of Rodriguez. He's a real talent and has the capacity to direct all flavours of films, he's remarkable and will probably be eventually recognized as one of the greatest directors ever.

I have two "interviews" today, maybe three. Plus, if the storms hold off I am going to go mow my grandmother's lawn (she's 93 and would probably do it herself if we left a lawnmower there). Glad to see the potential hurrican fizzle before it hit the Gulf Coast. Helped me actually exhale once or twice. Teaching tonight.

Thought for today: Sometimes you have to walk alone. Passing through times of great stress and peril alone makes you stronger and keeps the distractions of worrying about others off the plate. ***

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved