Sunday, June 12, 2005

lulu.com and customer support

I have a friend who tried recently to get on the lulu.com website and couldn't recall his password...so he filled in the form to have his password emailed to him. He's been waiting a week now.

I checked with a couple of bookstores lately to see how ones goes about ordering the book INVOCATO that I put out through lulu.com about two months ago...no one can find it (even though, according to documentation provided on their site, lulu.com was to have the ISBN listed in BooksInPrint promptly).

I also note that the help they give online for getting your book listed with Amazon directs one to go to one's royalty page and update a line...a line which does not show up in either Safari or Internet Explorer.

And their solution? Make sure to read all the help forums before you place a question.

Suddenly I am not so sure about entrusting THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES to them. But I will read through all the miles of badly written forums, follow their instructions, and hope that somewhere this whole self-service approach to customer service bears fruit before I have to abort TPC and yank INVOCATO and THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS from production.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved