Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Do Camels call Wednesday Two-Hump Day?

Trying to chill today. Lawn work all done. All the intros to THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES in the bag. I can't impact how quickly the modeling issues for the cover work out. Tomorrow is the recption and press conference in Charleston. On Friday I meet with the TeleTech people, looks like I may get on there.

Made it through the last great emotional hurdle for a while (yesterday) and now just have to put my head down and work. The new poem I posted on AuthorsDen has gotten good response. No idea if anyone associated with it has or will ever read it, but that's something, again, I have no control over.

An old boss of mine, who was something of a rectum when it came to style and ethics, did make a valid observation. He said I didn't pick and choose my fights, that I took on all obstacles as they came, and that this would eventually exhaust me. He was right. But, I know no way to evaluate which fights need fought. Do you give up on a lost cause just because it is a lost cause? Do you tell someone you have risked you life for that somehow they are no longer worth it? Do you set aside certain values just because they are inconvenient in the moment?

No.

If you happen to be in Charleston, West Virginia, on Thursday (June 16) drop by the Cultural Center around 1 o'clock, there will be an open to the public thingee in the "great Hall" to announce the release of "Art&Soul" by the Appalachian Education Initiative. I will be there, someplace (I am invited, but doubt I have anything to do other than warm a seat) I'll be the guy in black. If you are one of the first five people to mention to me that you came because of this blog, I will give you a free autographed book.

Peri, love ya. Ann, proud of you...keep strong. Dante, great news on the grades. Elric, I am proud of the effort you've put in these last few weeks. Tag, get the book done...it will be great.

Quote for today..."Little dog Turpie barks so I cannot sleep nor slumber..."

Okay, World, I'm ready for you.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved