Friday, June 24, 2005

The busiest of weekends looms...

Friday morning and heading out the door in about fifteen minutes.

After work, I am scheduled to finish some yardwork...then pull a 14-15 hour day tomorrow as an election "volunteer"...of course, I never understood the notion of calling someone a volunteer who gets paid, so let's call it an election worker.

Then on Sunday, before and after Quaker meeting, get caught up on all the book work: Editing, layout, and writing the next press release.

I like being busy. Maybe a bit too much, but it beats the hell out of sitting around, growing moss.

Got an interesting email yesterday from a reader who suggested I used my daughter, Peri, of the cover of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES. While I can earnestly say that Peri is very beautiful and has some modeling experience, the notion of putting my grown daughter on the cover of a book that contains some erotic poetry just doesn't fit well with me, that would be all I (or she) needs...weird rumours. But I am pondering doing a book for her and her fiance's wedding next year, she certainly should be considered for the cover of that! (If she's interested)

Wrote some really good stuff yesterday...still in my moratorium on posting, dammit.

Hey, looking for some good venues for readings for the tour this fall...anyone out there have a good suggestion or connection?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved