Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day Odds

I was talking with my Dad this morning and he asked me if I'd heard from my kids yet today (hey, it is still early) and I told him not yet, and I wasn't holding my breath.

In the course of the discourse that followed, I offered odds on whom I might hear from today. Pretty brutal odds. For those old enough to understand and make their own decisions, it is a statement, not of my character, but of theirs. THE FOUR AGREEMENTS taught me to quit worrying about what misapprehensions, misinterpretations and lies are said of me, as I cannot change what people are doing and it is a statement of their character, not mine, when they say, do and believe such things.

On a lighter note: My brother, Mark, showed me the video for Styx's take on the Beatles "I Am The Walrus"...they sounded almost like they were channelling the Beatles, except their lead singer sounds more like Harrison than Lennon. I liked the bit cameos by Billy Bob Thornton in the vid. I think someone once told me that myself, Thornton, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner are all within a twelve month span of each other, age wise.

Let me see...Costner did WATERWORLD, Willis is reputed to have dated Lindsay Lohan, Gibson has the pressure of having to follow up THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, Thornton gets to start almost every interview by being asked questions about his ex-wife (ANGELINA JOLIE). All in all, I'd have to say I'm the luckiest one of the bunch. ;-)

I got a note from a reader who wanted to see more pictures of me...okay...here's three...

The first two were taken in the past year, both when I had my mustache...which I have removed again...don't know if I'll bring it back for the GMAF...the third is an old shot of me (in a dress), taken when I was 5. My Mom is a seamstress and I was about the same size at the time as my cousin, Darlene...so she put the blasted thing on me to check the fit...and Dad grabbed the camera. Note how happy I look.






Note I am about 30 pounds lighter than I was in the first two...and substantially taller than in the third ;-)

Also, the haircut you see on third one...that was pretty much how I wore my hair until 8th grade...nowadays when you see hair like that on a guy he's either a gang member, a druggie, or a wannabe.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved