Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mental knick-knacks

::shaking off the cobwebs::

Hey, I'm alive and awake. We're past the solstice, so now I'm going to lose about a minute or so of daylight everyday for the next six months...but I've been living through that for years, so I figure I'll survive.

The new day job is going well...looking forward to having health insurance again!

Getting a lot of notice for the new books...I won't publish the list, but I have a master schedule for publicity and related deadlines I'm going to be pretty strict to. A guy at work yesterday said to me "Man, you know so much about so many things, you should put out a book." I said "I've got seven, with the eighth due next month." I love a good discussion ender. The sad thing is, a statement like that should be the start of a discussion, not the end of it.

It has been two weeks since the release of THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS and still no coverage in the local press. Sales, yes, and attention for local arts activists, but nothing in the Morgantown area media that I am aware of.

What is perhaps, to me, further galling, is that the Appalachian Education Initiative's publication of theie ART&SOUL volume last week still has not, to my knowledge, received any notice in the local media. WTF? You have a locally based group with a locally based production partner putting out a book for the schools and libraries (and public purchase) state-wide that profiles 50 outstanding creative artsists from this state, and it does not get the same mention as...(insert wire service story about celebrity or local story about increcibly boring hobby of the local dilettanti).

Yawn. Gotta go have some raisin bran (a new box mysteriously appeared). Later, all.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved