Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday morning and the pick of the litter is...

Got a nice email this morning alerting me to a newly posted work by Nordette Adams, one of my favorite poets on the web (and a damn interesting person, in her own right (write)).

I won't express the title of the poem she wanted me to review, as it involves a rather storied 4-letter word and while I may use such words where and when apropos (having been hit in the groin by a large piece of heavy equipment or being deeply lost in passion with a beautiful and willing poetry fan)...it is worth viewing and listening to (she included a sound file)...the link is New Nordette Adams Poem. Enjoi.

I also got an email yesterday from a gentleman responding to my essay on AuthorsDen entitled "God is Not an American". It was nice to get a piece of mail on this essay that was not hate mail. Amazing how many "Chistians" think Jesus supported lynching or shooting people who did not believe in placing "Pharoah" before God. Quoting the Bible to justify immoral actions is no more valid than wrapping oneself in the flag to defend pissing on the Constitution (of course, we know of no one who has ever run for the Senate from Virginia or had a radio talk show who would ever do something like that...or allow himself to be set free on a technicality because he was "immunized" from prosecution by Congress intefering in the separation of powers for their own grandstanding, hm Mr. North?)

I have some meetings this morning, then I plan to lapse into a coma this afternoon, after which I will do the updates I have been dreading (because of their extent) to the website...including adding the button for purchasing the AEI's "Art&Soul". Note: Almost two weeks after the press release to local media about "The Morgantown Suite Poems" and Arts Monongahela, still no contact, calls or stories to be found...and the press conference for the release of the AEI book was not covered or reported by Morgantown media.

I guess I have my job cut out for me. But for now, I'm going to lock myself in the Batcave and work on quiet projects.

Note to myself: Make sure to, sometime this weekend, write essay about my all time crushes (media version)...include Daryl Hannah, Marissa Tomei, Carla Gugino, Ann Reinking and Carolyn Jones. And people accuse me of preferring blondes.

1 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

Why thank you, sugah, for the mention. ;-) Your blog is groovy, btw, and I'm also loving your teasers from The Panther Cycles.

~~Nordette, NJ Spoken Word and Confessions of a Jersey Goddess

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved