Tuesday, June 07, 2005

after a work out

ah...that's better...Ann was right. you don't need external stimuli...just endorphins. One more lap?
(creak)...no, the ankles vote "No"...I wonder how different my life would have progressed if I hadn't blown out both ankles my senior year in high school.

Idle speculation. The world might be a worse place for me. I could be anywhere else but here...and many of those places would be worse. I would have gone a different path. The people who have become important to me would most likely have never even been in my life. Peri, Elric, and Dante..."The Goldenheart Cycles", "The Panther Cycles", "Diogenes", "TRIUMPH" ...would have all not been born. People who have needed me in their lives would never have met me. I count at least four who would have probably died without my intervention, and three (at least) who were born because of the paths I've been on.

It has not be a wasted life. And I still have a few more decades to clean up those messes I have not yet fixed, or those what I have caused.

It's the 7th round of a 15 round title fight. The fighter with the cut is the one to look out for. He's lost his fear.

I just found out that the local libraries will be closed this Thursday and Friday, June 9th and 10th, for training on a new system. Fun. This means my plan to drop off copies of INVOCATO and THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS on the release dates has to be altered. Now, do I do it before or after? Well, duh, after - if my shipment of MSP comes late.

I can't find my weeping Buddha. Either it is still in Mississippi (which means, quite possibly, in a landfill somplace along with my high school yearbooks, my coffin and other personal possessions) or it came with me and I have misplaced it...I can't quite remember, and it's starting to aggravate me. I will have to do a top to bottom search. Argh.

I was given it by my friend Diane on the day I wrote the cycle about the Third Street Promenade. It was a dark day (Panther breakup number 253 in a series of 391), and she and Jeanne came and took me out to lift my spirits. I miss those two...unfortunately, a misunderstanding regarding my big mouth (I do talk too much, but what was said I'd said was not the case...wires got crossed) and she (Diane) severed contacts. And since she was the fulcrum in the trio, I never had direct contact info on Jeanne...besides, in those situations, I hate putting people in the middle of a broken friendship, it is better to quit the field and allow them their peace (how many times in my life have I allowed a lie about me to stand in order not to hurt feelings or ruffle feathers...I dare not count).

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved