Friday, June 10, 2005

shaking loose the cobwebs

Friday night. Just got back in from MR AND MRS SMITH. Good flick, I think it would be a good flick for dates, especially married couples, as, at the heart of it, it is about getting beyond the barriers and dealing with the one person in the world you are supposed to be honest with, honestly. Yeah, I know.

Sent a note down to Brian, my priest in Mississippi, letting him know that, with the weather en route to them, they were all in my thoughts and prayers. Haven't heard back. Funny, that whole section of the country seems to have gone black to me. Maybe it's time to shake the dust from my sandals, but I made a promise, and I have not broken promises that are within my power to keep (my problem has been when I made promises that involved my having to change reality beyond my ken...a man has to learn his limits.)

No word of or about Peri and her birthday. Very disinheartening. Still no local media nibbles on the book. Even Meghan is perplexed.

Good news involved Dante getting some recognition at school for his accomplishments. I am very proud of him.

Tomorrow is the reunion.

Gave a good talk at Toastmasters today on how every generation assumes the world is going to hell in a handbasket as the next gen comes into play. Actually, I see more corrupt, dishonest people my age and older than amongst the people of my daughter's generation. No names, but if they have the couer rage to read this, they know who they are. I hear many things I do not respond to, because I don't want to spend my life playing conscience for those who have lost theirs. Every time I allow myself to help someone, I invariably get shat upon. I'll still help people, I'll just make sure to wear my waders.

Very tired. Tomorrow is another day. Life goes on. Note to Cheetah: You have no idea how rough it has been.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved