Thursday, July 28, 2005

yawn - stretch - sigh

Been putting in the hours (hey, even living legends need day jobs...most poets of note were either trust fund babies or needed full time jobs, even today our "major poets" tend to be college professors (which always concerns me, as the university presses of our country have turned largely into vanity presses using tax dollars and tuition fees to publish what is often second rate verse by creative writing professors whose claim to fame is that they have published a book...through their university press...such is life)) today, right after noon, I go into overtime for the week what began on Monday...

I am behind putting up the new sections on the City of Legends website...ah well...will get to it as I can...no sneak peeks.

Jan, my ex, called last night and brought me up to date on Peri, my daughter, and her wedding plan status. She's getting married next September and plans are moving along for a wedding in California. This has disappointed many people who are too old or too stubborn or too poor to make the trip...me, despite hard feelings over our estrangement, if I am invited, I will walk through walls and fire and over broken glass (barefoot) to be there. It is her day, not mine, and I have survived worse treatment in my life.

Word of mouth on THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES is starting to take hold, which is very nice. Most common comment: Wow! McTaggart was right in his foreword to call it the most ambitious book of poetry he'd ever heard of. It is and will remain such until my next book.

Mark thinks her can hook me up with a Mac Mini next month, which means I can give me iMac333 to my sons...it works fine for their uses and has all the requisite software. Since Apple has been silent on the topic of granting THE ROMANTIC POET OF THE INTERNET and A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN TWO DECADES any kind of break or freebie or promotional ass-kiss, and I am too nice of a guy to go off and buy a cheap-o Windows (an imitation Mac operating system running on an imitation home computer, why don't I just marry a blow up doll for my third go round, while I am at it, hm?) I guess I'll have to stick with where my heart is (like I moved to Mississippi, even though I didn't want to and knew it would be both a financial dead-end and probably the end of my second marriage, because I was trying to be loving, supportive and loyal).

Sheesh, comparing Apple to the cat farm, there's a strange allegory.

New Muses on the horizon...but no comment beyond that.

Caffeine...need caffeine....later!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"new Muses on the horizon"
This is interesting. How does one find a muse, is there a certain scent they are attracted to, sort of as bait?~grin~ Ad in the paper?
[wanted, really interesting, staggeringly beautiful leggy blonde whose voice is like a musical instrument, must have fluid, graceful movements, stars for eyes and a Pepsodent smile.
Must also posess erotic qualities that are right out of every fantasy I've ever had, since adolescence, and a heart of gold.
Only the ethereal need apply]

Seriously, this made me think about how you are attracted to a muse. Does the poetry just begin to flow from your veins when she comes into your life? Having never had a muse, I just am not sure how to spot one when I run across one.
Just pondering....

I think one of the most paramount tributes you can pay to a woman is to put pen to paper and craft her something immortal. Such lucky women, your muses.
~sigh~

Karen

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved