Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday morning, Sunday morning, Sunday morning...

Gee, I wonder what today is?

Went out last night (yes, for those of you with an unhealthy interest in my personal life, it was my first official "date" since my divorce...you didn't really think I was going to mourn the past forever did you? At least I waited until the beast was fell before I started feeding (not sure if that was grammaticallt correct, but I am in an orthographic mood this morning, so indulge me, huh?))

Went to the movies (why do people say "the movies" when they mean "a movie"? I don't know either. Took me forever to find out why we call "a pair of pants" a "pair" but a shirt is just a shirt.) Anyway, saw 'Madagascar". Pretty darn cute.

Oh, and my date? Nice legs. Did you expect me not to notice? This is where my more socially liberated friends chastise me for thinking of a woman as "parts" for objectifying women. Guess what, kids? I went out with her because she is bright, funny, insightful and mysterious in her own way. That gets it through the door. The legs are a nice bonus. That and her laughing at the right film trailers.

Anyway...am being cautious not to get into something I can't back out of if necessary (I was ass-deep in alligators with *** before I realized I had made a wrong turn into the swamp...at that point, all I could do was put on my superman suit, and spend years just trying to keep her alive while not getting myself killed.

We'll see what happens down the road.

Right now the books take precedence.

Tried calling the boys yesterday morning...got their mother's voicemail...we'll see if I reach them today. Some weekends I have no luck getting a live answer and no one calls me back.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved