Thursday, July 07, 2005

good news/bad news

Good news: Found a car I can afford.
Bad news: That means I am having to buy it a month before I was poised to, financially. The set costs will impact my ability to visit the boys for their birthday, get them any kind of decent gifts, etc...not happy about that...but as the call I placed five days ago to find out when I might be able to schedule a visit has gone unresponded to, maybe my visit was unwelcome anyway? I will try to pull something out of the air...

Good news: ArtsMon is having a reception on July 20th.
Bad news: It is a going away party for Megahn King-Johnson, the feisty head of the organization who has been my #1 supporter in the local arts community.

Good news: The local newspaper columnist (The Dominion Post) who attended the Toastmasters meeting where I sang, wrote an article about the local Toastmasters organization.
Good news II: Although a minor slight (since when did anyone at the DP admit I exist, anyway? one day I will have to find out whose Wheaties I pissed in), the fact I and my singing went unmentioned is good. Don't ask.

I sent my priest down in Mississippi a note, expressing my concern and support for them as hurricane season kicks off...I'm not expecting a response...that whole region of the country has gone dark for me. But I made a promise. No, I made three promises, now that I think of it...and whatever some people may have to do with the truth in order to get out of bed in the morning I have a clear conscience and an earnest purpose.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved