Saturday, July 16, 2005

(audio) PC 48: heartbeat


this is an audio post - click to play
The Forty-eighth Panther Cycle is "dreams of iron and sapphire"...and you have to read the whole cycle to grasp why (so buy the book THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES and find out...but one of the gentler poems in this cycle, and perhaps in all of the Panther Cycles has to be this prayer of a referenc to an earlier time and scene

heartbeat

one day
I will lay my head again
against your soft back
and listen to the reassurance
of your heart,
beating out a rhythm
clocked by God
to let me live
and love at a level
unimagined before
you moved my hair
with your hands
and made me promise
names to our future children.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved