Saturday, July 16, 2005

(audio) PC 62: the other blue

this is an audio post - click to play

The Sixty-second Panther Cycle is subtitled "just a man, just a woman", and from this set we cull the following piece:

the other blue

you knew
when you let me
play with the palette
that I was not the artist you were.
but since you are
a remarkable poet
I feel the need to try
to keep up with you.
so I make something
that could almost be a sky.
using the wrong shade of blue
to keep the illusion,
but you just laugh
like you did in the cafe
at two a.m. when you saw
me playing too much the fool
but loved me anyway.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

It's a tasty little offering, reflecting the playfulness and gentle competition between lovers with artistic temperaments. She is an excellent artist (you don't have to look too hard to find her works on the web to prove my point) and an accomplished poet in her own right (write? right?)...I gave up art a long time ago when I realized my abilities were much better focused on just the writing, which had become seond nature to me (indeed, some suggest that it is everyday life that is second nature to me, poetry being first nature).

Oh, side comment, unrelated to the book THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES, coming out on Monday...I went and saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and can recommend it easily to anyone. It even has one of my favourite actresses in it, Missi Pyle (from :Big Fish" and "Galaxy Quest"..and yes, I do have a crush on her, thank you very much...if she is reading this, give me a call, Missi ;-) ) and Depp makes an excellent Wonka. I am not in a hurry to dismiss Gene Wilder's turn in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" as he will always be to me one of the most underrated comic actors of all time and that film plays well, but this film stands on its own merits.

Later, all...I am starting to get into the rhythm of this whole audioblogging thing and am enjoying these postings, immensely. Got an email from my childhood friend Donny "Theo" Huffman, who now lives in Hungary...he told me he is really enjoying them as well...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved