Thursday, July 21, 2005

Urban renewal on the City of Legends

Last night I uploaded a new face for the City of Legends, my website...I'll wait and see how people react to it, but it is more oriented towards my books, and perhaps a bit less chaotic than the old front end.

Got to talk to my boys yesterday for their birthday...it was, as always, good to hear their voices. Their mother may be bringing them, my daughter and her fiance by for a brief visit with my parents on their way back from visiting her family. This is always a problem in divorce, one side of the family invariably feels like they have been cut off. I don't blame her for the invective and vilification towards me, I earned it (and it has taught me that what others do and say about you says nothing about you, but volumes about them)...but my parents are faultless in all this (don't make me start comparing people and relative worthiness, I could get ugly, and that would be a statement of my character) and deserve to be a part of their grandchildren's lives.

Enough of that personal life stuff...

Went to the farewell reception for Meghan King-Johnson of Arts Monongahela last evening. She will be missed, as she had been my #1 patron in the local arts community. Without her work, I would not have returned to Morgantown last year, and there would have been no Morgantown Suite Poems (those of you who still lurk in the shadows, in dread of the eventual release of my memoir, should get on your knees and thank her...she bought you time...)

I found out I will be teaching 4 nights a week at MTec this fall, which is the maximum number of nights you can teach there, so that is a good thing...funds will be tight for the time being, but by September there should definitely be an uptick or two.

One of my favourite students from last semester dropped by my class yesterday, just to say hello. If she was a decade older, I'd ask her out...but I get enough crap over my last wife (and the problems were not so much a function of our age difference as....nah, that can wait for the memoir as well...)

Much love...drop by the website and check out the new front end...I'll probably also be making some internal changes as time and energy allow.

Ciao.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved