Saturday, July 30, 2005

long day, oy vey and some words to say

I give him a forum and he immediately starts offering to spill my secrets...great.

Someone shoot me now (Bugs: He does not have to shoot you now. Daffy: Yes! Yes! Shoot me now!)

That makes me think of Luisa, a very attractive co-worker I went out with, once, when I was at GE in Los Angeles. We totally did not hit it off, but she did give me a Daffy Duck mouse pad, as he was and is my favourite Warners Brothers character (close second: Michigan J. Frog) Sigh. A shame we did not connect, but she just seemed leery of me.

I was at a wedding reception this afternoon for the daughter of my cousin Darlene. Remarkable how much Darlene looks like her father, my Mother's only sibling, Robert, who died several years ago. He was a nice guy. A truly nice guy, and he is missed. I know Grandma has never gotten over his death.

I also finished the lawn today, put in 5 hours at work, did some continued work on the next book project, went shopping for mailign envelopes for books, and put up an autographed first-dat edition copy of THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES on eBay.

I wil sleep well tonight. I have earned already a peaceful death, but I am many miles from the silence, the worms, the fading memory of so many things. I have many regrets, but so many more contentments. I have done more good than harm and loved and been loved (although, regrettably, more the former than the latter). I have years left on me, years to find new things, to relate old lessons, and to heal wounds only to lay new scars atop old ones.

I have found my path, if only I have the nerve to walk it.

Meanwhile, E.J....here are some answers to some of the questions you sent me earlier today, sans context: Actually, in reflection, that's chicken salad of me...so here are the questions, as well.

What is the most underrated part of a woman's body?
*Shoulders.

What's the most overrated part of a woman's body?
*Breasts.

What's the one thing you wish you never lost?
*The respect of those I love.

What's the last thing you ate that you shouldn't have?
*A chocolate chip cookie.

Where would you most like to be right now?
*Venice Beach

One word to describe your each of your relationships with the major lovers in your life?
*(Psyche)Laughter. (Swallow)Recrimination. (Panther)Seduction. (Brigit)Legend. (Mad Gypsy)Emotion. (Leopard)Crutch.

Would you like to have more children, if everything else was perfect?
*Yes, two more.

What do you miss the most right now in your life?
*Feral lovemaking.

Who is your dream woman, of womaen you've never met?
*Marisa Tomei.

Who is your dream woman, of women you've known?
The answer would hurt too many people and I think I've done enough damage.

Your second choice for an epitaph?
*"He bowed only to God".

Your greatest self-indulgence?
*Self-doubt.

What do you most value?
*Unconditional love.

How do you wish to die?
*For a purpose.

If you could practice a different profession than what you are, what would it be?
*Talk show host

Who was the best kisser of all your lovers?
*Loaded question. Stripping away emotional context...hm...Brigit. There was a hunger there.

What makes you laugh?
*A friend's voice.

What makes you cry?
*Absent friends.

What makes you angry?
*Assumptions.

What do you wish you were better at?
*Saying good-bye.

What one word sums you up?
*Resolute.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved