Sunday, July 17, 2005

(audio) PC 9: influences

this is an audio post - click to play

The Ninth Panther Cycle, written just after the betrayal supressed by my destruction of the Eighth Panther Cycle (confused? Do your research or buy the book, nothing is hidden or held back...) includes this catalyst, entitled "influences"...it was a catalyst because, having read the line about her role being "...undefined..." the Panther asked for a clarification of our relationship and it was then and there she asked me to leave my wife and marry her...prior to that we were too locked in the moment to think the future through. Suddenly I had a choice to make, which history (and my bank account) shows I made. Was it the right choice? Judge for yourself, I am of several minds on it.

Anyway, here is the text of the poem as it appears in THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES (lulu.com, $29.95).

influences

small hands. big heart. sweet smile. your part
in my life is undefined, but monumental.
you have refined and redefined my dreams, central
to the paths I will choose. win or lose, my heart
is yours. feed upon it if the need is great, share
with it if the feeling is upon you, but never doubt
my sincerity and commitment. my soul pours out
in pools of holy water to wash away your cares.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved