Sunday, July 17, 2005

(audio) PC 90: closure over a cup of Jasmine tea


this is an audio post - click to play

If you know me well, you know my favourite hot drink is Jasmine tea. Many reasons for this that i will not get into right now.
In the Ninetieth Panther Cycle, subtitle "close, away", we get into a lot of thoughts of closure, as the relationship seemed to be once again slipping into the darkness and I had grown weary of playing superhero to this disaster.

On the night in question I stopped by my favourite hangout in Santa Monica, Anastasia's Asylum, which is where I will have to re-haunt when I return to LA next year, presuming they are still open. They did not list Jasmine tea on the menu, and so I asked for it...and they did have it (within a few weeks I drank them dry of it, however). I was struck by how we don't always know our options unless we ask, and so, as I sipped the brew I wrote most of this cycle. This poem, in particular, rang true and beautiful to my mind frame at the time.

closure over a cup of Jasmine tea

I stopped at Anastasia's.
they did not have jasmine tea
on the menu, so I asked rather
than settle for what was offered.
I tasked the fates for their sufferance
and was rewarded with closure
in a cup of memory I bled
tears into. a drink I will never taste again.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

I hope you are enjoying these readings. It is fun to get to pick through the book (my God, it's thick, when did I find the time to think these things, very well to write them down and assemble them?)

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved