Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday ...night...and all is...quiet

Sitting here, working on the emails for the review copies of the new book. agh.

Gotta go help prep my car tomorrow...that should be fun, but at least I will feel like progress is bring made...

Need to figure out how to lay hands on a new computer, or at least a better one...this iMac 333 is just a little too underpowered for my tastes...you'd think THE ROMANTIC POET OF THE INTERNET would at least be able to pull afew strings and get an endorsement deal or something (hell, at this point I'd consider even endorsing the devil hisself (Bill Gates) and desert my beloved Apple Computer for something I can actually work on.

You hear me, Steve Jobs? About to lose a guy who has been with you guys since the early eighties! Doesn't have to be anything too flashy, hell...a miniMac wil do...heck, I'll take a discount if you're too profit-margin short to endow creative artists as sort of a computer for artists program...

sigh.

I feel like a pimp right now. sigh.

I am a bit blown away that my loyal friend and ally, Meghan King-Johnson, the kindly and benificent queen of Arts Monongahela is departing. She has been an important ally...and in this place, allies are of inestimable value.

Worried a bit about the Gulf Coast with Hurricane Dennis heading their way (not that I've heard from anyone down there in months...even my priest doesn't respond to emails...I have to assume either space aliens took over the entire southern Mississippi region from Gulfport to Diamondhead, or...hmmm...there doesn't seem a common sense alternative, so that has to be it.)

Aggravates the living crap out of me when people make you promise something them vanish off the face of the planet...is this some kind of endurance test? Or am I to believe the peripheral communicants who tell me I'm an idiot for believing anything I've been told or keeping any promises (unilaterally, I might add)?

We may never know this side of the chasm. Such is the nature of life.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved