Saturday, July 16, 2005

Weekend of the Cat


Over this weekend I will be posting audio of several of the pieces from THE COMPLEAT PANTHER CYCLES, in order to get you all whipped up about the collection.

Monday is July 18th, the anniversary (the 10th anniversary, this year) of the day I first midwifed these works...and now, a decade later, I present them as an offering to the universe as a whole, as a whole.

If you don't know the backstory, I'll fill it in along the way, or you can go to the official website at City of Legends Compleat Panther Cycles Webpage...even if just to read the intro.

Special thanks to those who inspired and encouraged me. Additional acknowledgement to Brigit, Barbara Holmes and Dan McTaggart for their forewords to the book and to the people at lulu.com for their assist in bring this to light and life, and to Jillian Ann, whose pictures capture the mood and essence of both the woman and the abstraction.

I considered putting a warning label on the book, as there is a lot of erotic content to it, as well as lighter fare, this is after all a broad spectrum of poetic reflection and impression. Yeah, a big, bright PARENTAL ADVISORY sticker...then I thought that we are used to our written works being more sexual. Consider, for instance, "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo...there are several very detailed sexual encounters in that book, but no one puts warning stickers on it, so I passed on the idea.

More, later.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved