Friday, May 26, 2006

what's a doxie?

I got some great feedback oon the new piece "backstab", which can be found at AuthorsDen, here.

It's not about one person or incident, or even only about events solely from my life, but it is an angry Jeremiad about people who, not only have the temerity to be false, but who even use others to fight their battles for them...

the opening line is:

"send not against me proxies, doxie"

which I think, if you know your mother tongue, is clear enough (okay, doxie is not an everyday word for most, and even proxy can be a bit overwhelming to those raised on lcd pablum (oops, that phrase is a bit arch, as well, as is my use of the word "arch"). note I was using a variant spelling of "doxy", which is from the 16th century.

damn. somedays you can't win. but that's okay, you learn from losing, if you're smart.

Hey, anyone who I am waiting on a blurb or liner comments from, get off yer bum and have them to me by late on Sunday.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved