Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom...

Happy birthday, Mom.

Without you, I'd be hard pressed to have written half of my catalogue, as I would not have been born.

I know I am a bit of a pain, mostly because we do think on two very different wavelengths. I know you are a bit disappointed in my marital track record (two divorces, not cool) and much of my poetry might as well be written in Martian as the topics, styles and words I choose do not resonate with you, but I know you do love me and my siblings...well, maybe not so much Robert, but the rest of us, for sure....

In unrelated news, I pulled something in my back yesterday...ouch. Have to just suck it up and keep going. Tag wanted to cancel a strategy session on our book promotion, I told him I don't cancel things for pain. He was just going to have to deal with me being grumpy. I've earned grumpy. I get that way when I am hurting. If it gets unbearable I will cloister, but it isn't unbearable as long as I don't sit. Or stand. Or lay down. Or move.

See? I can work with this.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved