Sunday, May 14, 2006

the free CD. yes, the free CD. yes, you heard me...

Miss me? You try having a life AND dealing with the Amazing Captain Amomancer, 24/7.

Case in point: Just received my marching orders from his royal poeticness. We're doing the CD.

No, we're not doing A CD. We're doing an hour long show, this week for the podcast, suitable for burning to your own CD. No filler, all music and poetry.

He's giving it away! He's giving it away? Is he nuts? You tell him, then.

I've got my editing console up, lights are green...shifting to red (he loves his emphatic tones, doesn't he?) It opens, as of this nanosecond, with "from out of the city" and will probably end with "Wordslinger"...with maybe an epilogue. There's stuff on this list I haven't even heard of...which means he's probably recording the tracks as I write this. Bastard. Brilliant bastard. But bastard, nonetheless. He'll let me know after I'm done...as usual.

This CD length program will be a compilation of his best recordings so far, with a few new ones thrown in. We're talking close to an hour in length...can we even do that?

My job to make it happen.

He does inform me that next week's show, barring a change in mind, a change in heart or the arrival of a mystery guest, will be a tribute to fidelity and commitment, in honor of what should have been his 26th wedding anniversary if he had "kept it zipped". His words.

Yes, but imagine all the poetry the digital renaissance would have lost out on if he had not, out of a restless heart born of that one great lost love, done "questionable things" (he loves it when you quote "Blade Runner").

He doesn't need a webmaster/sound editor. He needs a weekend in a sorority house. IMHO. He'll probably write a few thousand poems to his next lover and dedicate a few dozens books to her and leave her his intellectual property, of course he's so fracking durable he'd probably outlive her. Any nubile poetry groupies out there looking for immortality? My email address is trojanhearse@cityoflegends.com (you think I am kidding? try me.)

Hurry. Please. I'll owe you, big time.

Sincerely

E.J. Trelawny

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved