Tuesday, May 23, 2006

my American Idol vote is...

I know, you want to know who I voted for on American Idol.

Hint: Karla will kill me.

Nah, I didn't vote to McPhee. I couldn't do that to Taylor Hicks, us grey haired demigods have to stick together.

I just couldn't vote for him, I earnestly felt that the Kat outperformed him tonight. I like them both very much, and I agree Taylor has enough personality for any three people, but solid pipes and personality aren't everything. I think they will both have a solid, if temporary, following as performing artists. Kat, tonight, just shone a little brighter.

I just feel that Kat is more marketable, more mainstream...

So, when in doubt, I do what the majority of the American public do at presidential election time. I choose to not choose.

Taylor, forgive me. Buy one of my books, I'll buy one your albums. All even? A great career to both of you.

1 comments:

Ms. Adams said...

I didn't see American Idol last night, but I still would've had your dilemma. I love Taylor, but know enough about marketing to understand that Kat is more "idol" material.

Frillie the Dragon

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved