Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 2, 2006

Feeling a bit run down...too much going on at once...but, I would rather be too busy than not busy enough.

Tag found a couple of small things he wants to clean up on his book, so we're scheduled to do that later today. I'm stepping back, for a day or two, from my book projects...don't want to overwhelm myself.

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday. Traditionally a day for strange things to happen in my life (for instance, it is the 11th anniversary of the car accident that so many credit with my "reawakening"). Maybe I should stay at home tomorrow with a pillow over my head? Not a bloody chance. I, too, want to see what curveballs the fates have in store for me.

I am slowly, painstakingy piecing together the elements necessary for an independent arts festival, something driven, not by the well-meaning and often well-funded dilletanti, but by the self-absorbed and penniless artists themselves. More on this later.

I will be in attendance at the open microphone poetry reading at B&N in Morgantown on May 18th, despite my longstanding avoidance of open mic events. It keeps me in good with the nice folks at Barnes & Noble.

I've got to go wake up...caffeine...caffeine...caffeine...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved