Thursday, May 11, 2006

the mark of the ronin

Interesting day, but busy. Of course, I like them that way.

Met with my friend Scott. He just graduated WVU and is heading home to prepare for his next great adventure...this fall he is going to go to China to work as an English as a second language teacher. Funny, Arachne, last I heard, was in Japan teaching business people English as a second language. It's a plague. I drive people to leave the country.

Got a frantic note from my publisher this evening about the layout of the covers for THE MORGANTOWN SUITE POEMS. No problem, I dove into Photoshop and made quick work of the issue. We are now fully BOT (Back On Track)...the book should be accessible via all major sales venues in a matter of a few weeks.

I have decided to get another tattoo when I am in LA...I'll ask my daughter for a recommendation...or I will drive to Pacific Grove to Paul, my tattoo artist. I will have my new symbol, the Katakana "Ronin" character, placed on my left shouder, to signify my status and to mark the publication of my book RONIN IN THE TEMPLE OF APHRODITE. It is becoming my identity, and one I accept and embrace.

I can already feel the weight of my publication schedule upon me...it will be brutal, but I find peace and fulfillment in it, a peace and fulfillment that evaded me while I was playing janitor of the human soul to abused people. I think I just wore myself out trying to save everyone from their own folly and ignorance. I took it into myself and was poisoned by it. I'm stronger now, but it has been a difficult road to walk alone.

Had a nice conversation at lunch with an Eastern European woman-friend of mine, she makes my disillusioned friend Alan sound like he just won the lottery, but I still find her charming.

I have not heard from Alan in several days and am becoming concerned, but at the same time I know he sometimes cloisters, especially when he has a lot on his plate, and I wish to honor his privacy.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved