Sunday, May 28, 2006

three day weekends are for underachievers

Wow. What a weekend.

I am right now multitasking at a level heretofore unheard of in the human species.

I have to compelte the liner notes on the CD (and, E.J. had a clever enough idea about a change to the actual recording edit I now have only about a day to ponder, and implement).

I have to research a technical issue my boys are having with their computer. Connect with some old friends who wanted to get together with me over the weekend. I have this idea for a long-form poetic piece. I'm working on both of my next two books of poetry, plus my novel and my nonfiction collection of business anecdotes...let see what else...(I just bought three 2-liter bottles of Diet Coke with Splenda, they'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon)...I know I'm forgetting something.

Oh, review "X-Men: The Last Stand". Let me do that here and now.

I'll keep it short, with no spoilers. Solid, reliable entertainment. Not a classic, as just too damn much goes on during it to focus on any one event or character. Stay through the credits, trust me, it is worth it. And, you can see where Jackman's heart wasn't in this one, he is obviously positioning himself for his spinoff movie in interviews that he can't see (or has been told to ignore) that they have set themselves up to make a valid fourth movie using new additions...and I was very pleased with Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy.

I predicted if the movie had a $75million opening weekend we'd see X4...well, it opened with $107million. Hey, if you guys need help with the script, give me a call.

I had a great time with the boys, they're both growing like weeds. I love them both like crazy but I do have to admit that everytime I see them I miss their sister more. It will be good to see her at her wedding.

Back to work...

::BAMF!!::

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved