Tuesday, May 16, 2006

track breakdown, 'the last romantic verb'

The times are...the actual starting times of the poems, or the arcs that contain certain pieces. Comments in parentheses are...comments in parentheses)

00:02 from out of the city (but of course, as an audio vignette)
....Eros V (starting at 02:04)
02:14 lust bunnies (my tribute to an absent lover yet to be)
03:08 swerve (flirt) (while watching a beautiful woman in a cafe, the words I wish I had the brass to say)
04:01 the priest of passion serves the sacrament (the rusty but trusty lust rears its mighty head)
05:27 prescient tense: rose petals (she recalls)
06:30 pink jade: thin skin (warming a lover with a tender touch)
07:24 as I slide into you (surrender as a baptism of the heart)
08:28 Passion Sympoetique (yes, technically three poems. shut up)
11:40 feral with desire (the loss of control is an act of trust)
....Eros V ends
14:05 kisses for karma (regret and rebirth. love, self-doubt, faith and hope.)
16:55 Bragi to Freya, on his deathbed (a vision. or a memory. the duty of the lover to believe in love.)
....Wordslinger (starting at 19:36)
20:16 sacred smile (a statement of faith and devotion to a lover)
21:17 pink jade: heal swift (the essence of artistic catharsis, a plea to a lover tormented)
22:24 Bragi, awakening in his tomb (the romantic, buried alive in pain and despair)
24:25 Reborn (am I the snake of William Blake?)
25:41 Waiting for the Pentecost (reflecting on a lost lover, awaiting her return)
27:23 The Dragon Woke Last Night (rediscovering myself)
28:57 In the Arms of the Dragon (I admit, this was for the Panther, written while driving Lincoln Blvd in Los Angeles)
29:55 a vile attar (venom for a false lover)
31:16 Behind the Facade (the pleasure of a forbidden affair)
32:41 from the parapet (the risk of love, rediscovered)
34:09 In the Memory of Lovers ('I will take no pretender, again, to my bed')
36:36 The Satyr's Suit (a subtle, sly seduction)
....Wordslinger ends
....Beasts of Legend (starting at 38:09)
38:25 My Electric Lady (the first prophecy I fulfilled)
41:05 Brisant Revelations (believing in promises made)
42:57 Shards of Light (seeking to breathe in the arc of failed passion)
45:36 Radiant Tigers (dedicated to George Gordon, Lord Byron...and my sons)
46:48 Aureate (a manifesto of a seeking heart)
49:36 Pellinore, watching from across the room (aching to love)
....Beasts of Legend ends
51:42 Glass Roses (to my dear friend and editor, Janet Innes)
....The Gods of Love, live at Kyrienar (starting at 53:28)
53:49 Monument (Nancy, I am sorry I failed you. but you are immortal.)
55:18 Phoenix & Golem (birthing a true heart in a universe of lies)
56:44 TRANSCENDENCE (resurrection)
....-Live at Kyrienar ends

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved