Thursday, May 18, 2006

into a nearby phonebooth

I received an email a few hours ago from the CRM at our local B&N, asking me to emcee their open-mic night tonight. On with the cape! Up, up and away!

I am still in shock over THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB. I have seen it take over my time and evolve from a whim to an inevitability in a matter of days. Like so many things, it consumes me and my life and I am always left with moments where, like on that hillside in '79, when I stepped back, cocked my head, and had to battle a sense of awe at something that ha stepped from within me.

Truly, this life is a miracle. It is so much easier to ignore it than embrace it, and I will embrace it with both arms, fists clenched in a spasming joy, and with a smile of grim determination, cracked by pleasure in every epiphany.

It is now looking like I will be doing a special reading for West Virginia Day, June 20th. I'll pass along more information as I know it.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved