Wednesday, May 24, 2006

five questions with the poet

With the hubbub over the upcoming CD, I thought I'd do what I am best at: stay out of the way.

Actually, though, I submitted a handful of questions to the poet regarding the CD to see what sort of answers I would get.

Here they are:

E.J.: Who are you dedicating this project to?
WD: No one. I am acknowledging the contributions of so many, but not dedicating it to any one. It bothers me when I presume someone as worthy of such a gift and then they muck it up.

E.J.: Why "The Last Romantic Verb" as the title?
WD: A combination of factors. When that line is uttered it resonates. The mystery of it. The image of the moment in the poem, "TESTAMENT".

E.J.: Is that the high point of the almost sixty minutes?
WD: For me, no. There are at least two stronger points. The Musical interlude before "Radiant Tigers" startles me every time I hear it, and the line "I will take no pretender, again, to my bed" (from "in the memory of lovers") is just so intense and I nail it.

E.J.: Why June 9th for a release date?
WD: It's my daughter's birthday. I try to give Peri another gift every year, a part of me. This is my offering this year.

E.J.: Think you'll ever do another recording.
WD: No doubt. I have loved the process and have so many more works to share in this manner.

So, there it is...from the horse's mouth. Remember THE LAST ROMANTIC VERB from William F. DeVault, coming out June 9, 2006.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved