Sunday, May 07, 2006

the audio of 'Bragi to Freya..."

I couldn't resist...this thing screamed for interp (and someone did write and ask me how I'd read it...)

Bragi to Freya, on his deathbed

It's three minutes and eleven seconds you won't miss...the poem itself is open to interpretation, I view it as a melange (note both Norse and Roman mythological allusions, Mrs. Stevens would be so proud<---Nancy will get this reference) both speaking of my disillusionment and obedience to my vows. I am, of course, Bragi...Freya? Perhaps she is someone already in the play (four hundreds years from now someone is going to do their Master's thesis on who Freya was...and probably get it wrong) or perhaps she is the other face of my 'unknown goddess' or even my 'phoenix'...a past muse who will rise from the ashes (hence the Norse goddess of perpetual youth).

We shall see. In any case, listen on!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved