Saturday, October 01, 2005

Updates at the City...and the Luscher Color Test

I just promoted another stack of poems with annotations at the City of Legends...enjoi.

I recall years ago when I first took the Luscher Color Test (yes, I spell it "colour"...but it's his test)...one of the outcomes was "Can derive emotional satisfaction from sexual activity"...I understand that now. Having lived the monk's life for nearly two years now (yes, the divorce is only a year old, but I wasn't that into sleeping with everyone else's girl toy...some guys get turned on by having access to a bisexual woman, to me any infidelity is a turn off, physically and emotionally...) I can see the cracks appearing in the shell of my psyche. I am like a child who is not held, I am physically reacting to the lack of comfort.

Interesting. I shall have to document this as I slip further into the realm. I am seeing manifestations of new thoughtlines in my lucid dreams. This will undoubtedly affect my writing. How? Unknown. But, I am game to see it.

WVU lost to Virginia Tech. While I like the Mountaineers to win, I am sure the Morgantown Police Department and local fire departments are grateful there was no upset. Childish hooliganism is no way to honor or celebrate a good performance. As I write this I can hear the sound of drunken revelers spilling into the streets...I wonder how much property damage, rape and mayhem, how many lives were saved, by the simple act of losing a football game.

Bene.

I found a website that does the Luscher Color Test...the link is....here...




Here are my current results from this evening:

Your Existing Situation: Physical illness, over-tension, or emotional distress have taken a severe toll. Self-esteem has been reduced and you now need peaceful conditions and considerate treatment to permit recovery.

Your Stress Sources: An existing situation or relationship is unsatisfactory, but you feel unable to change it to bring about the sense of belonging which you need. Unwilling to expose your vulnerability, you therefore continue to resist this state of affairs, but feel dependent on the attachment. This not only depresses you, but makes you irritable and impatient, producing considerable restlessness and the urge to get away from the situation, either actually or, at least, mentally. Ability to concentrate may suffer.

Your Restrained Characteristics: Willing to participate and to allow yourself to become involved, but trying to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension. Want to broaden your fields of activity and insist that your hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that you may be prevented from doing what you want; need both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore your confidence.

Your Desired Objective: Want to make a favorable impression and be rewarded as a special personality. Are therefore constantly on the watch to see whether you are succeeding in this and how others are reacting to you; this makes him feel that you are in control. Using tactics cleverly in order to obtain influence and special recognition. Susceptible to the esthetic or original.

Your Actual Problem: Anxiety and a restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional requirements, have produced considerable stress. You try to escape into an idealized atmosphere of sympathy and understanding, or into a substitute environment of estheticism and beauty.

While I wouldn't necessarily 1000% agree with everything said there (me, irritable? I'll rip the kidneys out of the next person who suggests that) there is a lot to be said for the diagnosis.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved