Friday, October 07, 2005

Tune-omancy

There's an old fortune telling school called bibliomancy, where one opens a Holy Bible to a random book, chapter and verse and that verse is supposed to have meaning to be interpreted, regarding your future.

Not to be outdone, I decided to abuse the "Party Shuffle" feature of my iTunes, to see if I could gather any interpretation from a random selection of songs from my library...

er...no.

although there is a certain perversity to the pairing of Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" with Dire Strait's "Romeo and Juliet" then throwing in Emerson, Lake & Palmer's "Trilogy"...I know people who would be able to sit, straight faced, and come up with some great and karmic exposition as to what it all means.

Of course, there are people who like fart jokes. To quote the poet "the existence of a single atheist does not disprove the existence of God." In other words, opinions/attitudes/beliefs/tastes don't change reality.

I can feel the tumblers falling into place for the recording session on Monday...beneath the surface, something moves, and I am always a bit disconcerted and in awe of it, as my works take on a life of their own (note to second year Psych students: Sorry, I'm not crazy, just very in touch with my creative forces)...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved