Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Every Poem Tells a Story

One of my favourite songs, all time, is Rod Stewart's incredible "Every Picture Tells a Story"

I laughed this evening, listening to it and playing Greek chorus to the lyrics...

It reminded me how empty my life is without a lover...but in a good way, it reminded me of how exciting life can be...I'm back on my feet, like a punchdrunk boxer in the 11th round...behind on points but with more heart than his opponent...swinging an incessant barrage of haymakers...

I was thinking earlier of my poem "Radiant Tigers"...how much fun it is to me, how much it brightens my day and reminds me of so many positive images...

welcome to the land of radiant tigers.
bright eyes like coherent beaming ruby rods
fiercely piercing the fearjungle of life.
pouncing like Lord Byron on a first draft.

poets glide on the slip and slide emotions
whetted and wet with the potions of passion.
sweetmeats met in a feast of least persistence,
an insistence on the order of a random universe.

roadwork with the soda jerk mixology of words
that effervesce with a laugh in the daft draught
of expressions caught caterwauling to glance
off the silvered glass mirrors of albedo'd radiance.

welcome to the land of radiant tigers.
citrus stripes on cocoa black, warm as memory.
cold as calculations in an impatient ledger,
counting found funds, lost time, and three deep breaths.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved