Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Snowjob in Morgantown?


I understand that in the aftermath of the surprise snows in Northern West Virginia, the poet has electrical and computer problems...so his blogging is temporarily curtailed, as well as his aggravating me with various and sundry emails asking for this and that and that and this.

Free! Free at Last! Now I know how a divorce feels...hmmm, not as good as Whip-n-Chill, but it does have a very nice flavor.

The work for the podcast center at Radio City of Legends goes on night and day...remember the scene from "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" in Hephaestus' lair? Similar. Dirt, swarthy dwarves, one giant heathen god, and Uma Thurman in a floor length gown...well, okay, not Uma...but a guy can dream.

You'll get a kick out of his perverse readin of "Goblins in My Attic" and "Ritornelle for Silence" takes on a madness all its own...

And he shows he can beat with the best of them on "First Date Blues"...now I know what he was doing hanging with all the Los Angeles Scene club poets a few years ago...stealing their style.

All in all, it is an impressive feast. Launching next week, be ready.

I understand he is tapping not only other poets to do their work, but also friends and acquaintances (including at least one of the Muses!) to read some works...

Actually, that sounds like a rumour...I KNOW he has done these things.

3 comments:

Dusty said...

No regrets
No tears good bye
Don't wantcha back
We would just cry again...

It is always an interesting limbo to live in, I never divorced but have called it quits with a long term... thing. There was a limbo of sorts. You didn’t want to go back and there were SO many possibilities for the future. Congrats or sorry depending on the mood swing.

BTW. I checked out your Radio City Legends. Not too bad. I liked it Rained Poetry.

You were speaking of the forms of poems. I am a dabbler. Don't get me wrong, I am from Rumi to Matthew Arnold to "there was a man from..."

Why don't you write a brief "how to" for us up and comings... Or in my case, not going anywheres.

William F. DeVault said...

Psychic? I'm actually working on a couple of projects...one is a series of lectures on writing poetry for the Radio City of Legends, taken from both my "Passionate Craft" workshops on AOL and my work with various proteges (rule #3: Do not sleep with your protege. Unless she asks.)

The other is a book about how to write poetry, expect it in time for Chrstmas 2006. Hey, I can always find time...I waste so much sleeping, eating and breathing

Dusty said...

Psychic? Not usually one of my claims.

# 3. Never sleep with your proteges unless she asks. Good rule...

I haven’t got a protégé so I have to go with …. Never sleep with an 18 year old with nothing to offer but enthusiasm…Unless they ask NICELY.

It’s the damn artist gene that makes us so lecherous. (Poetry is an art form)

Yeah, that sleep thing has to go… Breathing is optional as well… Food, nope too close to sex, can’t give it up!!

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved