Saturday, October 15, 2005

No Angels Calls

I ran across this work amongst the several I have posted at Author's Den.

It is dark, dealing with those moments of despair when the isolation of the healing process gets to me. See if you can spot who is who in the tableau...

No Angel Calls

I see you best in darkness,
when the lights do not distract,
the distance not impediment,
I accept you as a fact.

A memory yet to be fulfilled
in the promise of the hours and the days.
The years have broken bread enough,
I have wandered foolish ways.

The silence caught as melody,
and lies refract my faith.
The banshee and the whispered wisp
played herald to the wraith.

Menagerie and mystery,
lycanthropic philantrophies,
bloodied hands in silver bands -
shat shackles in djinn's dark disease.

No angel calls, no comet falls,
to light the night with omened kiss.
Come for me, pale perfidy,
we shall see if your arrows miss.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

1 comments:

Dusty said...

WOw, That is beautiful. I'm usually a halfhearted beat nick poet myself but I can appreciate someone who truly loves poetry as well as being fabulous at it.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved