Thursday, October 13, 2005

Turning it Up to 12 & Farewell 'Poetry Now!'

Poetry Now! the UK based poetry journal, is ceasing production. I just got the word from Dave Taub, the poet and columnist who'd just finished prepping his column for next month, a profile of me (conspiracy! conspiracy!)...

they will be, as a voice for quality and evolution in the world of poetry on the world stage, sorely missed.

On the other hand, I've asked Dave if he'd like to throw his lot in in with the yet-to-be-named podcasting venture I'm firing up. I'm also planning to approach Mari Laureano, Daniel S. McTaggart and Nordette Adams. And, I am looking for others...Teri? ready to rock? I would love to give you your own interpretive reading show....

Ode to a Fallen Publication
(Poetry Now, 1990-2005)

Read. But dead.
I have said little but sad things
over your dog-eared cadaver.
rather than mourn you too long
I will salute you as a fallen friend
and send best wishes that your ashes
never be borne on silent winds.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved